Best programming language to learn in 2021
To claim that technology is evolving at a rapid rate would be an underestimate. The computer processing speed doubles every 18 months, as per Moore ‘s prediction. The introduction, and in some cases, the constant evolution of programming languages has encouraged this-complexity of computers. It’s the code which instructs a machine to execute an action to break it down to finer details. These programming languages are now more advanced just as computer hardware continues to get smarter. As a result, what we do with the code varies as there are many computing areas where coding is used and effective. Therefore, when it comes to learning about the top programming language in 2021, the response should be future oriented, judging from the past discoveries.
Python was developed by Guido Van Rossum in 1991. Holding simplicity and beautification in mind, it was launched and is one of the best programming languages for professional software developers and engineering generalists to learn in 2021.
- With the syntax being very short, Python programming is easy to understand. Coders can edit and change programs pretty quickly and run tests because of simple lines of code.
- It supports Windows , Linux, and even iOS OS
- As it is a high-profiled language, on one device, code can be generated and run on another separate system.
- While the Android operating system is also supported, it closely resembles mobile computing.
- In its library, there are over 200 regular modules, but talk of third-party plugins , the sky’s the limit.
- Since software developers find it easy to scale complex applications, Python frameworks easily integrate with other programming languages.
- It makes it possible to perform complex ML (Machine Learning) tasks since Python is of overall-purpose. As a result, coders will concentrate on designing prototypes that make it easier for the testing of machine learning programs.
- This blends well into the continuing change of IT Ops towards FLOSS, i.e. Free-Libre / Software from Open Source. It is free to distribute, tweak the initial code and customize, in plain terminology.
Python coding has been widely used by the world’s leading tech firms, including Google , Facebook, Yahoo and IBM, among others. Therefore, whether it is 2021 ‘s top 8 or the top 5 programming languages, Python will remain the first on the list.
In 1996, Java programming stormed onto the tech industry and has since maintained its role since then, time and again as a bankable alternative for the creation of enterprise applications. An attributable explanation for this is that Java is stable, so we place it among the top 5 on the 2021 list of programming languages to be learned.
- Its “Write Once Run Anywhere” function makes it possible to initially prepare the code on one computer and run it on another.
- Its success can be understood from the fact that at the time of its launch, Java was Google’s preference for creating applications for Android.
- Java came with automated allocation of memory and collection of garbage, features that guarantee enough CPU memory for other applications to use.
- The security manager feature of Java, and the explicit pointer exclusion, make it a safe language for top coders to code in.
- It is in Java that developers discover comprehensive APIs for which a range of tasks such as network, database connection, etc. can be initiated.
- With distributed computing, java supports multiple computers to exchange information without the need for additional APIs to be developed.
Multithreading allows this language of programming to reduce delays at runtime. Such qualities and consistent online community help provide plenty of resources to develop one’s career.
Java is as fantastic as they are here for a better technology ahead.
Most coding apps support runs swiftly running these codes.
- It is used on web pages to produce responsive components that include animations, sports, menus or video clips.
- Node.js is used widely by present-day programs including Uber, Paypal, and Netflix.
Go Language Programming
In order to address the failures of other coding languages used by developers, Go language was developed at Google. They decided to overcome their mutual disdain for the techniques of programming C++ by doing so. Trends in programming languages for 2021 show an growing interest in Go.
- Development efforts to build Go needed to maintain useful features such as static writing, reliability of runtime, networking, multiprocessing, and code readability / functionality.
- In an easy to understand workflow, Go showcases large data sets. The most critical aspect is its concurrency, a program’s ability to run several tasks simultaneously. Although part of a single, larger program, the assignments work without influencing each other.
- There is a substantial reliance on third-party packages for components when operating with other programming languages.
- This outward dependency on a strong standard library is removed by Go.
- On top of that, the lure of Go for coders adds type protection, garbage collection and dynamic-typing.
- Software builders share their work on Github to enable the online community to share knowledge.
R Language programming
The fresh rage is R programming for data science. In addition, one of the most profoundly used computer languages for machine learning is the R programming language. As a consequence, it is one of the top data science programming languages appropriate for 2021.
As it is open-sourced, you can adapt it to the specifications of your project and add packages for extra features easily.
- R libraries are used to construct statistical analysis of the output level depicted with visually appealing designs that allow data visualization fast work.
- Occasionally, data analysis could require the code for communicating with databases, which is no problem for R as it has several packages that allows connectivity.
- A typical option for software development is the comprehensive development environment offered by R.
- It is also possible to apply R to build web apps. With regard to its Rshiny packages, this motive is accomplished.
- For distributed computing, this programming language may also be used, wherein tasks are assigned to different nodes (computer machines) in order to maximize processing time. Since R is a language that is interpreted, a compiler is not required.
- R is also used for exploring data in machine learning. Working with data processing technologies such as Apache Hadoop and Spark, it can be synchronised.
- And if these features are not enough, you can use R to produce reports in your preferred format, be it a PPT or word doc.Thanks to these characteristics.
Learning is a great step and a major determinant of knowledge, however learning programming can be an asset to both now and in future especially if you learn the top programming languages that are more useful to the programming industry. So this list highlights the top 5 programming languages you must learn if you want to be a successful programmer. Take a step today and start learning.